Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Outdoor) NF-02 in Fort Carson, Colorado
Fort Carson, "The Mountain Post," is located just south of Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The unparalleled beauty and mild climate of Colorado Springs make it a gateway to a wide variety of outdoor activities. Many internationally known ski areas and some of the nation's most scenic parks and finest hunting and fishing areas are located within a short drive. Fort Carson Families have easy access to the many cultural attractions of "The Springs" and the bright lights of nearby Denver.
DFMWR strives to deliver the highest quality programs and services at Fort Carson -- from family, child and youth programs to recreation, sports, entertainment, and leisure activities.
For more information about the NAF HR Office go to https://www.facebook.com/carsonnafhro/ and like us today!
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens nationwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
These positions are located at the Outdoor Recreation Complex in Fort Carson, CO.
Positions under this vacancy announcement may be filled with multiple employment categories (regular part time or intermittent).
This announcement has been extended and a cut-off date of 17 April 2018 has been created. A referral list with qualified applicants from the first cut-off date will be forwarded to management for consideration first. Qualified applicants from the second cut-off may be forwarded if requested by management.
Learn more about this agency
- Works under general supervision of the Outdoor Recreation Manager or Recreation Specialist and reports any problems to them as soon as possible in order to maintain a high quality service to guests.
- Instructs groups and individuals in a variety of outdoor recreation programs, such as but not limited to rafting, rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, and challenge course.
- Uses a variety of teaching methods to effectively communicate to participants who have a wide range of abilities and backgrounds. Teaches children as well as adults.
- Incumbent is responsible for group management. The safety of the participants must always be the number one priority.
- Must be familiar with all programs offered by Outdoor Recreation, as well as be familiar with local area as the position requires providing information to customers.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (To view form, copy this URL: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf)
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all required background checks of AR 215-3. Checks must be successfully completed and maintained to include the initiation/completion of a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
- Must have or be able to obtain a current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED training certification.
- Satisfactory completion of Raft Guide Training must be completed within one year of appointment. Failure to successfully complete required training may result in separation.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Must have knowledge of and experience in a wide variety of Outdoor Recreation pursuits such as paddling activities, canoeing, rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, etc.
Best qualified candidates will be pursuing a degree in Recreation Management, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field, and in the process of completing an internship or fieldwork program.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Eligible candidates who meet the best qualified criteria will be referred to the selecting official first. Other eligible candidates may be referred if requested by the selecting official.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- (PCS Orders, Marriage License if not named on PCS Orders, ISMP ID Card, Certificates, DA Form 3434 if applicable, etc.)
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Carson, CO US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496379400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/10/2018 to 04/24/2018
Salary: $12.24 to $15.24 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types