Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer BMDS 4 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Systems Engineer BMDS 4
Requisition ID: 18010460
Location(s): United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineers BMDS candidates with mid-level experience for the Western Region Engineering Sector located in Colorado Springs,CO. We want individuals who are creative and think-out-of-the-box to perform end-to-end analysis of mission segments within the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) mission area and to expand concepts and capabilities for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a leading global provider, manufacturer and integrator of advanced, secure and agile software-defined systems and solutions. We pioneer technology that saves lives and keeps our nation safe. Systems Engineer opportunities are available in three separate disciplines within System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT).
• Conduct performance analyses of advanced and emergent BMDS capabilities and threats using MATLAB based modeling and simulation tools to support system engineering products for development of system and sub-system performance requirements.
• Perform development, updates, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS M&S tools to support system analysis tasks.
• Work with subject matter experts to analyze and formulate performance and functional requirements for system-of-system level requirementsspecifications.
• Work in a cross-discipline product team and routinely interface with National Team group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks.
• Document analysis results in reports and briefings for critique and review by the National Team and other Missile Defense Agency (MDA) representatives representing sensors, and weapons.
• Lead analysis teams of 5-8 multi-discipline engineers for short duration modeling events.
9 years with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
Active Secret Clearance required
Technical experience in numerical modeling and simulation of conventional or advanced threats using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, or similar language environment.
Understanding of integration of system-of-systems in a challenging operational environment.
Demonstrate ability to think critically and capture concepts in papers, presentations, and discussions.
Possess good oral and written communication skills.
Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
Demonstrated experience modeling or simulating missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.).
Knowledge and experience in using model-based systems engineering tools such as DOORS, Rhapsody, SysML, and other tools
Modeling and analysis experience in aspects in any of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.), is a definite plus.
Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Engineer BMDS 4
Location: Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: 18010460