Apogee Engineering SMF AT II - SME Mission Trainer (HQ AFSPC) - Peterson AFB, CO in Colorado Springs, Colorado
2016 SBA Prime Contractor of the Year, Region VIII
Apogee Engineering is seeking a SME Mission Trainer supporting HQ AFSPC at Peterson AFB, CO. This position willsupport the development, research and advance training (AT) course development in support of Ready Spacecrew Program (RSP) and Space Mission Force (SMF) constructs. You will build on existing courseware to train space forces to better operate in the contested, degraded and operationally-limited environment to augment existing mission-unique training.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations such as the DOD, NASA, DHS, DOI, and the DOT. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop course materials to include inputs from DoD total force exercises, intelligence support, training against red forces, integrated with external units such as the JSpOC, AOCs, and USAFWC; and provide advanced academics to enhance space operators' knowledge of their weapon system and the warfighting context in which it is operated
- Conduct curriculum reviews, bi-annual review meetings and courseware review meetings
- Attend scheduled conferences, phase briefings, safety meetings, crewmember meetings, and intelligence briefings
- Support the development and execution of SMF by providing expertise, strategy, and policy input to HQ AFSPC and A2/3/6T
- Perform in-depth research, fact-finding, and analysis to assess implementation of recommended training improvements across supported HQ AFSPC units to develop AT and a RSP program with required skills and knowledge to operate in the future space domain
- Assist the Government in reviewing, assessing, and modifying the entire spectrum of AT requirements
- Assist in monitoring the implementation, progress, and execution of AT at the Wing and Unit-level to ensure SMF operational requirements are met
- Assist in the creation, review, assessment, and modification of new and existing instruction and guidance for SMF execution
- Support briefings to senior leadership on SMF program implementation by producing staffing packages IAW AFSPC and DoD standards, scheduling meetings, producing slides, attending meetings and ensuring Government approval of inputs prior to dissemination
What you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or mathematics-related field from ABET-accredited university
- Twelve (12) years of operational experience supporting space operations, training, or engineering support to HQ AFSPC-related weapon systems such as SBIRS, GPS, Milstar, AEHF, DSCS, WGS, and others.
- Experience providing and developing AF and ISD-based courseware, lesson plan, test material, assessment, and surveys for mission-specific and unit-level training support in the Space Operations environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Job Start/End Date: 02-Apr-2018 to 01-Jun-2018 (MST)
Department: Air Force
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Employment Type: Full Time