City of Colorado Springs Internship - Summer 2018 Innovation and Sustainability in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
The City of Colorado Springs is seeking an intern for the Innovation and Sustainability Department to assist with strategic planning and sustainability initiatives.
Normal work week is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hours will be flexible and approximately 20 hours per week.
Duties may include, but are not be limited to assisting with the following:
- Assist with research and implementing sustainability projects
Assist with preparation of strategic planning documents Examples of knowledge, skills and abilities:
Ability to manage duties with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- An interest in the City of Colorado Springs and its long-term physical development, existing and future communities, and connectivity to the greater Pikes Peak region
- Technical writing skills and the ability to document solutions, support materials, and instructions
Relevant Background and Formal Education
The selected individual must be a junior/senior undergraduate or graduate student in good standing working towards a degree within an accredited program in public administration, environmental policy, environmental science, environmental studies, or political science.
- The City does not provide monetary support for relocation or housing assistance to interns
- If selected for an interview, enrollment shall be verified by providing proof of enrollment and academic good-standing from the university or college prior to the interview
- References shall be provided by applicants who are selected for an interview (please note, references will be contacted prior to offer of position)
- Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links: http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/ https://coloradosprings.gov/sites/default/files/candidateinfopacket_5.30.17.pdf This information may change annually.
- For more information about internships, including a link to the job posting, visit: http://coloradosprings.gov/internships
- All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. If you have no work experience, please use this area to describe your volunteer experience in college and/or in the community. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $12.00 Hourly
Location: Innovation and Sustainability, CO
Job Type: Internship
Department: Innovation and Sustainability
Job Number: 12840
Closing: 4/25/2018 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5171 719-385-5171