UBM Group Marketing Director in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? If you are a driven and pro-active marketing leader seeking to join an organization that is the premier events, professional services, and information provider in the booming Contact Center and IT Service and Support markets, then becoming UBM’s Group Marketing Director could be the perfect match for you!
UBM is seeking a motivated, intelligent and dynamic Group Marketing Director to lead the marketing function for the HDI and ICMI portfolios. Reporting to the Group Portfolio Director, the Marketing Director will be responsible for overseeing the strategic marketing direction for the brands.
ICMI has been serving the contact center market for over 30 years through industry events, professional training, organizational consulting, and informational resources like research, articles, forums, and blogs. We are 100% focused on improving contact centers, and are excited to welcome our new Group Marketing Director who will partner with a passionate and engaged team committed to growing the ICMI community. HDI is the premier membership association and certification body for the technical service and support industry. At 50,000 people strong, HDI is an active and united community of industry professionals, leaders, and decision makers. HDI’s products, services, and resources like industry events, training, consulting and membership are focused on professionals looking to advance their careers and improve their support centers.
Here is an overview of your core job responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic marketing: You would be the lead driver behind our top level strategy for the ICMI and HDI brands overall. You will also oversee each product’s marketing approach, and manage overall lead development and sales and membership marketing strategies. In this role, you will need to be technically adept and have a high comfort level with using multiple platforms. You must have a proven track record of developing complete marketing plans from the bottom up that incorporate overall marketing strategy, messaging, budgeting, goal setting and performance monitoring. Strong analytical skills are critical to ensure understanding and focus on the businesses’ key performance indicators.
- Management: Manage a team of 8 marketing managers and specialists: You would be responsible for setting clear expectations for their job roles, helping to define their goals, trouble-shooting to overcome challenges, monitoring their performance, and advising them on their career development.
- Website Management: You would own the strategy for our websites. This includes managing creative direction and execution, and collaboration with key stakeholders within the business.
- Expense Management: Work with team to set, oversee and track the marketing annual budgets for all products. You would also provide forecasting updates as requested and balance expenses monthly.
- Performance Tracking and Reporting: Work with Audience Development Manager and Sales to track performance of campaigns and promotional activity across channels. Provide general weekly reports to marketing team and more analytical monthly and quarterly reports to management and sales to ensure we are evolving our approach in response to audience’s behavior.
- External Event Management: Determine events sales will attend to drive face-to-face leads for training and consulting. Work with team to ensure that logistics are coordinated for each event and that leads are nurtured into the sales cycle. For ICMI and HDI events, manage the brand presence and work with event operations to install booth.
- Well versed in marketing strategy setting, planning and execution
- Experience managing and motivating a successful team; established reputation for being an active and supportive manager
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional ability to guide strategic marketing messaging, positioning and copy writing
- Strong ability to embrace change and engage in change management activities; be agile and flex
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and execute multi-channel marketing programs, including ability to research and implement best practices
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Lead generation marketing experience required
- Proven experience working to enable and evolve websites
- Social media marketing experience a plus
- Experience with sales enablement activities and sales collaborations a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and high comfort level with technology and web based applications such as Eloqua, Salesforce, Content Management Systems like Sitecore, project management software like Jira, and other like marketing, sales and business enablement tools.
- Knowledge of the call center/customer service industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business a strong plus. MBA or advanced business degree preferred.
For nearly 30 years, ICMI has been in the business of improving contact centers. Whether it be your people, your processes or your strategy, we want to partner with you to take your customer service to the next level.
HDI is the premier membership association and certification body for the technical service and support industry. At 150,000 people strong, HDI is an active community of industry professionals looking to advance their careers and improve their support centers.
*Why work for UBM? *
As an employee of UBM you will have access to a positive company culture, a flexible and professional environment, UBM Employee Benefits and a commitment from us that we will invest in developing your talent.
UBM is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based on each person's skills, abilities and performance. We provide equal opportunity in employment to qualified individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender identity, gender re-assignment, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. This commitment extends to all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, discipline and discharge. Any form of discrimination is in violation of this policy and will not be tolerated by the Company.
We invite you to be part of an organization that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business.
UBM is an E-Verify employer.
Tracking Code: 1J0406100
Job Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular